In this tutorial, you’ll set up Google Ads as a Destination Platform which enables you to export audiences to it for marketing purposes. Configuring Google Ads as a Destination Platform will enable you to surface ads in Gmail, Google Display, Google Video, Google Shopping, YouTube and more.
Before connecting Google Ads to the GrowthLoop application:
- You must have a Google Adwords account to connect to the GrowthLoop application
- Your Google Ads account must be enabled to use Customer Match by your Google Ads representative.
- Ensure you have an account for your GrowthLoop Audience Platform. If you don't, reach out to the admin at your company, or contact@GrowthLoopsoftware.com and we'll help you get sorted.
Setting up Google Ads as a Destination
In the GrowthLoop application, click Destinations in the left rail.
Click New Destination on the top right corner and then Add Google Adwords.
Sign in with your company's google account that is connected to your Google Adwords manager.
Click Allow to enable Audience Router to access your Adwords account.
Fill out the following fields:
- Team: This is the team that your user belongs to in GrowthLoop. If you have configured multiple teams in your org, be sure to select the team that your user belongs to
- Destination Name: This how the destination will be named and referred to in to the app going forward
- Select Ad Account: If you have multiple Ad Accounts, be sure to select the correct Account where GrowthLoop will export audiences
- Sync Frequency: Please select Daily or Hourly, this will control how often GrowthLoop exports audiences to Facebook
Click Create and you are ready to export your first audience to Google Ads! Want to learn how to build audiences in the GrowthLoop application? Go to the Create an Audience page to learn how.
Exporting an Audience to Google Ads
To export an audience, select an audience and click Export. Select your Google Ads destination. After you have exported an audience to the Google Ads destination, log in to your Google Ads Account.
Click on Tools & Settings and find Audience Manager.
Locate your audience in your Remarketing list.
Now you can leverage your audience in any Google Search, Gmail, Youtube, or Google Display campaign.
Are you getting a "This app is blocked" error message when trying to setup Google Ads as a destination? Check out this help center article to troubleshoot the issue.
Experiencing any other issues connecting to any Google Ads destinations? Reach out to us at solutions@GrowthLoop.com and we’ll be in touch shortly!
Looking to connect other sales and marketing destinations for audience activation? Click Here to find more information in our Help Center!